Doing Business with EHHA
If your company wants more business, the East Hartford Housing Authority could be the right place to look. EHHA is dedicated to contracting with vendors of all sizes and adheres to firm equal opportunity policies.
To realize these efforts, contracts with over 150 vendors specializing in fields ranging from painting and landscaping to office supplies and equipment maintenance.
We welcome your business!
Services We Need
East Hartford Housing Authority is in the "housing business", but to do our job, we look to local and regional businesses to supply needed goods and services. On an ongoing, as-needed basis, EHHA contracts for:
- Consultants (legal, architectural, engineering, financial, real estate, photography)
- Office related services/equipment such as temporary employment, supplies, payroll, telephone answering, computers, pagers, copiers and other equipment
- Building maintenance/landscaping (plumbing, supplies, painting, design/architecture)
- Construction/property rehabilitation
- Other services (cleaning, security, travel, uniform supplies, storage, trash disposal and more)
As an equal opportunity contractor and employer, EHHA provides fair and equitable treatment to all persons, vendors and partners. We promote full and open competition and are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws and applicable guidelines.
Additionally, we encourage minority-owned and woman-owned companies to learn more about our processes and to pursue the various opportunities that EHHA provides.
Request for Proposals:
EHHA does not make all purchases by the bid method. Some purchases, mainly for professional services (architectural, legal, consulting, etc.) are made by use of a Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Qualifications (RFQ). In both cases, the selection criteria will be stated in the RFP or RFQ.
Price is always a part of the selection criteria in an RFP or Invitation to Bid. There are other qualifications such as relevant experience and qualifications to do the work. Contract award is made on the best combination of price and qualifications.
- EHHA procures a wide range of goods and services from supplies to construction materials to professional service contracts. We are committed to the purchase of all goods and services at the best value within an environment of fair and open competition.
- For items under $2,000, EHHA secures written bids from at least three vendors. Written records of all bids are maintained.
- For items over $20,000, EHHA solicits formal bids by public advertisement, as well as posting in special trade papers, minority newspapers, and websites that cater to that particular specialty.
- For items over $100,000, EHHA solicits RFPs or RFQs by public advertisement, as well as posting in special trade papers, minority newspapers, and websites that cater to that particular specialty.
- EHHA may also purchase without competitive bidding from State contracts.
View current open solicitations